Thursday, June 11, 2009






As you can see from the photo above it was quite a cloudy and rainy day with some rumbles of thunder was around with a cool day in the seventies.



Use my first herbs from the small herb garden. The first was some thyme and oregano i added to my potato soup



I used potatoes celery carrots and salt black pepper and some fresh herbs with low fat milk this will be my soup of the week next week i love soup for my lunch with a wedge of corn bread .





My Half runner beans are doing good they seem to have been drawn right up out of the ground as they seem to grow over night. They are pictured on the left here.
One of the many containers of bush or bunch beans are doing well. as during the ladder part of the depression and World War Two all containers and areas were used and veges herbs were grown to help feed the people even thought many things shapes and sizes of containers were used You can compost the plants after bearing is done to make new soil come spring but the garden is never truly asleep during winter I will be trying many different things.
A sign of the times sense 9/11 people are on high alert and should be but when i was a boy people traveling would stop at our home near the church and ask if we had any food and there was never a thought of calling the cops well it may not have been possible. Mom would give they usually what she had jelly butter fresh baked bread or other items she had canned from our gardens we had a cow so we had milk if she didn't get into the wild onions that made the milk onion flavored. We had eggs and we had our own meats we butchered every year hogs and a beef for winter we had allot of chickens and ducks and ring neck pheasants to .
Now people call the law if someone knocks on their door wanting to sell something.

King James Version (KJV)
Romans 15:14-33
Listen to this passageView commentary related to this passage
14And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
16That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
17I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
18For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
19Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
20Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
21But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
22For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.
23But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;
24Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.
25But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
27It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.
28When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.
29And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
31That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
32That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.
33Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain
In my daily reading i read this passage Paul had wrote the church in rome as he told how he enjoyed spreading the word of Jesus and being filled with the holy spirit.
Reading the Word and gardening to me are linked a way to give you peace of mine.
Well I am done for today gtoing to do a cross word puzzle.
You can see more of my photos of my Garden on my face book account

No comments: